Currently, we are seeking a highly-motivated Data Analysis Scientist to take a key role in next generation sequencing data analysis in support of our single cell genomics platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the development and application of statistical methodologies and analytical frameworks that will be used in both internal development programs and commercially released products.
- Develop and apply statistical methods and novel algorithms to genomic data sets that will be used to guide development of a variety of single cell applications
- Investigate datasets to undercover trends and root cause of errors that impact system performance. Build statistical analysis tools that will allow continual monitoring of assay and reagent performance
- Collaborate with research scientists, marketing, and customers to support project planning and commercial launch
- PhD or Masters in statistics, mathematics, computational biology, physics or related quantitative fields.
- 3+ years industry experience required
- Strong background in analysis of large NGS datasets and development of novel algorithms for NGS sequence analysis
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, C++, ) and statistical computing language (R, S, etc.)
- Experience with neural networks and machine learning a plus