Mission Bio is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the operations team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Sciences Associate will be responsible for the manufacture of consumables for kits used by Mission Bio’s single cell workflow.
The candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on time and on specification in a start-up environment. Responsibilities include the prototyping, fabrication, assembly, and testing of systems; tasks will cover mechanical, electrical, software, pneumatic, and fluidic engineering. Expertise in all facets is not necessary, but candidates must have experience with similar multi-disciplinary projects The Manufacturing Sciences Associate will produce consumables and perform QC testing using established protocols and build/complete manufacturing batch records. The Manufacturing Sciences Associate will work independently, maintain immaculate work areas, have knowledge and operation of equipment used in molecular biology. They will contribute to the continual improvement of processes and documentation, and communicate results with management. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a lean manufacturing environment. The position is a hybrid biology and engineering position knowledge of both areas preferred.
- Assemble and troubleshoot instruments.
- Run testing protocols on those instruments.
- Fabricate microfluidic cartridges.
- Help develop and prototype new instrumentation, cartridges, and protocols.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reproducible documentation for of all batch records and notebooks
- Operation of automated equipment used for molecular biology experience required
- Prior use of shop tools
- Familiar with oligonucleotide manipulation
- Solution focused
- Ability to maintain high manufacturing standards as defined by management
- Autonomous time management
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Preventative maintenance of lab equipment
- Chemical and biological analytical characterization
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/work a flexible shift as needed
- Molecular biology, chemistry experience required, minimum 1 year manufacturing experience
- BA or BS in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or engineering is required
- Experience with Qubit, Nano-drop, Agilent Bio-Analyzer, spectramax
- Experience with manual pipetting
- Experience creating SOPs, work instructions and master batch records
- Computer skills, especially with excel and MS Office products, JIRA, Confluence, Mat lab
- Coding a plus