We are looking for an experienced, adaptive, self-starting Product Marketing Manager to support development and commercialization efforts of our first set of products in single-cell genomics. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to influence company product strategy, along with actual execution and tactical development. This role will also span both product management responsibilities and outbound marketing activities.
- Work closely with management and commercial team to develop and implement go-to-market strategies including channel, positioning and messaging, pricing & promotion, sales collateral, training materials and other programs to achieve business objectives.
- Plan and execute market research activities, and maintain detailed understanding of customer needs, competitive situation and technology developments.
- Help develop and maintain market models including market sizing, customer segmentation, market share, revenue projections, unit forecasting, and pricing models.
- Collaborate with R&D and Operations to drive new product development and sustaining efforts for on-market products.
- Support business development activities including but not limited to customer collaborations and other external parties to meet strategic objectives.
- Help establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful early adoption of new products.
- Support the field organization to ensure accomplishment of the revenue plan and deep technical understanding of the technology and relevant applications.
- Partner with management and external creative agency to develop brand identity and development of other marketing collateral and content.
- Create and implement relevant marketing content across multiple channels, including web, video, social media, print, and more.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 2-4 years in product management, marketing or similar roles, in life sciences, or other related field, preferably in next-generation sequencing and/or single-cell genomics.
- Bachelor’s degree in in a relevant field.
- Strong communication, presentation, and time and project management skills.
- Experience working with development team and managed a product launch.
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Strong business acumen, customer focus and customer-facing experience.
- Solid record of building alignment and working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- ~25% estimated travel.
- MBA, Masters’ degree or PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related science field.
- Experience working in next generation sequencing and/or single-cell genomics.