Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work in one of the most innovating biotech companies in bay area? #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list.
Mission Bio is a start-up developing innovative solutions in single-cell genomics to enable precision biology and translational research with the discoveries to impact patient care. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for talented, driven individuals to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you. Mission Bio offers a comprehensive benefits and wellness package to eligible employees.
Mission Bio is looking for a well-rounded and dynamic Corporate Controller to support the company’s growth in precision medicine, by deploying best practices in accounting and financial systems. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration, you will have the opportunity to streamline month-end close process, manage relationship with auditors, deploy revenue and cost accounting controls, implement technical accounting, and optimize key processes and systems. You will partner closely with various corporate functions including sales, operations and research development, and will directly contribute to the company’s commitment to operational excellence.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences, ability to work as both a team member and a team leader
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in Accounting or MBA is a plus
- CPA required with 3+ years experience at first-tier public accounting firm
- 5+ years experience as assistant controller or controller
- Excellent knowledge of FSCP best practices and controls
- Hands-on experience in cost accounting, inventory management, standard costing and variance analysis
- Thorough understanding of ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 718, FIN 48
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to foster relationships, and the capability to develop innovative ideas and solutions with a track record of managing successful relationships with auditors and accounting service providers
- Prior IPO or public company financial reporting experience preferred
- Impeccable work ethics and integrity