Mission Bio is a company of passionate people dedicated to solving complex biological problems with precision engineering, innovative biochemistry, and supported bioinformatics. Our mission is to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. We provide a targeted solution for high-impact applications, and it is the only single-cell genomics company enabling precision biomarkers to accelerate biopharma clinical development.
We are looking for an experienced Informatics Product Owner, who is passionate about user experience, and wants to build a truly one-of-its-kind software platform to empower researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology. This role will span both product development and support activities. You will:
- Advocate on behalf of the customer for the development team
- Write user stories that are ready for development to start work
- Gather, manage, and prioritize the product backlog
- Prioritize defect or bug resolution
- Develop and maintain training materials to enable customer success
- Travel up to 25%.
Skills and qualifications:
- MS or PhD in biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or similar discipline
- 3yr+ experience as a product owner or product manager
- Has technical knowledge of bioinformatics pipelines, genomic databases, and complex data visualization methods
Who you are:
- Passionate – Delighting customers with intuitive and useful software
- Curious – Ask the “Why” questions from the business and “how” from the development team
- Great communicator – Strong storytelling, presentation and project management skills
- Team player – Ensures close collaboration with the development team.
Fit with Mission Bio culture:
- Curious in wanting to understand how things work and finding meaning in the differences among diverse people
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise collaborating by taking pride in the work we do together, encouraging each other’s contributions and talents
- Drive in loving the work you do, striving to improve, and wanting to impact our community by moving precision medicine forward.