International Business and Channel Development:
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as a leader of our International Business Development. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for managing the international business, identifying, pursuing, and closing new opportunities within the territory. There will be a strong focus on international pharmaceutical business development and distributor support. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and passionate individual with a driven, curious, and collaborative spirit to join the team at Mission Bio, ensure the company’s success by driving to achieve revenue targets and play a key role in enabling our customers’ goals of making precision medicine a reality.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expand International business with value-based strategic selling by building the business case for distributors to offer Mission Bio products to academic and pharmaceutical partners
- Ability and previous success leading teams.
- Demonstrate technical acumen to consult with customers on technology solutions
- Driving pharmaceutical companies for adopting precision biomarkers in clinical development
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet/exceed business goals
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans, and provide accurate forecasts and reports of sales activity entering data into Salesforce.com
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong account management and closing skills
- Key Account Planning, market knowledge, competitive positioning
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices necessary to effectively compete in the territory
- Utilize product and application knowledge to successfully conduct selling presentations
- Overnight travel up to 75% of the time based on territory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a home office and travel overnight up to 60% of the time based on the territory. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work 100% remotely, maintaining a home office within reasonable proximity to major airport
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance, and acceptable driving record
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.