Mission Bio is a start-up developing innovative solutions in single-cell genomics to enable precision biology and translational research with the discoveries to impact patient care. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for talented, driven individuals to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you. Mission Bio offers a comprehensive benefits and wellness package to eligible employees.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Scientist II, Molecular Biology to take a key role in our research and applications team advancing Mission Bio’s precision genomics single-cell DNA analysis platform. The successful candidate will work closely in a collaborative setting with external partners and internal Analytical, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Development and Marketing teams. The candidate will be responsible for providing scientific expertise and hands-on applications support to deliver high quality technical results.
● Apply scientific skills and knowledge to demonstrate technical capabilities of single-cell platforms.
● Participate in the innovation of cutting-edge new technologies and translate key findings into actionable product development concepts.
● Perform hands-on laboratory workflows from biological samples-to-analytical answers.
● Identify new opportunities for applications and collaborations.
● Contribute to technical discussions and collaborate with engineering and analytical groups.
● Contribute to innovation exemplified by new products, author IP filings and peer-reviewed publications.
● Communicate results, data analysis and suggestions to external and internal audiences.
● Doctorate in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline required.
● Postdoctoral experience preferred.
● 2-3 years industry experience preferred.
● Extensive molecular biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR, single-cell science, next-generation sequencing, and whole genome amplification.
● Experience with cellular biology techniques.
● Record of developing molecular biology and biochemistry protocols.
● Experience with NGS library preparation and data analysis methodologies a must.
● Strong ability to document experiments and troubleshoot protocols.
● Proven record of innovation exemplified by patent filings and/or extensive publications.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.