Manager, Cost Accounting:
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work in one of the most innovating biotech companies in bay area? #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list.
Mission Bio is a start-up developing innovative solutions in single-cell genomics to enable precision biology and translational research with the discoveries to impact patient care. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for talented, driven individuals to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you. Mission Bio offers a comprehensive benefits and wellness package to eligible employees.
Mission Bio is looking for a thorough and experienced Manager, Cost Accounting to support the company’s growth in precision medicine, by deploying best practices in inventory valuation, cost of sales analysis, and gross profit optimization. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will have the opportunity to streamline inventory controls and reporting, set up standard costing methodology, review costed bills of materials, analyze monthly cost of sales variances, conduct periodic inventory physicals, implement inventory cycle counting process, integrate contract manufacturers and suppliers data, reconcile inventory balances and movements to general ledger, jointly lead ERP implementation, support monthly close and annual AICPA audit. You will partner closely with various corporate functions including operations and supply chain, directly contributing to the company’s commitment to operational excellence.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-starter able to build the cost accounting function, processes and controls from the ground up
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA preferred
- 5+ years experience in cost accounting with companies managing insourced manufacturing and standard costing
- Ability to translate complex and detailed data into clear and succinct actionable drivers for gross profit optimization
- Experience in ERP implementation and optimization
- Thorough understanding of ASC 330
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to foster relationships, and the capability to develop innovative ideas and solutions with a track record of managing successful relationships with auditors and accounting service providers
- Prior IPO or public company financial reporting experience preferred
- Impeccable work ethics and integrity