Manufacturing Sciences Technician:
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We were voted Method of the Year 2019 Nature Methods and #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Join us in our mission to enable researchers and clinicians to accelerate the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
Mission Bio is seeking looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the manufacturing team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Sciences Technician will be responsible for the manufacture of reagents for kits used by Mission Bio’s single cell workflow.
The candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep reagent manufacturing on time and on specification in a start-up environment. The Manufacturing Sciences Technician will produce reagents and perform QC testing using established protocols and complete manufacturing batch records. Manufacturing Sciences Technician will work independently, maintain immaculate work areas, have basic knowledge and operation of equipment used in molecular biology They will contribute to the continual improvement of processes and documentation, and communicate results with management. Knowledge of general laboratory practices is required. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry is required
- Molecular biology or chemistry experience required, experience desired, preferably in wet lab environment
- Maintain accurate, detailed reproducible documentation for of all batch records and notebooks
- Operation of automated equipment used for molecular biology a plus
- Familiar with oligonucleotide manipulation
- Solution focused
- Ability to maintain high manufacturing standards as defined by management
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Preventative maintenance of lab equipment
- Chemical and biological analytical characterization
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
- Experience with manual pipetting
- Basic computer skills, especially with excel and MS Office products, JIRA, Confluence, Matlab
- Experience with Qubit, Nano-drop, Agilent Bio-Analyzer, spectramax
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with high reliability and responsiveness, and a track record of driving projects to completion
- Strong desire to work in a start-up environment
- Sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and desire to get things done against all odds
- Strong attention to detail