Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work in one of the most innovative biotech companies in the bay area? # 2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list, Mission Bio is looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to join us in the mission to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. The successful candidate will leverage their knowledge in molecular biology and biochemistry, learn new laboratory skills, and help the scientists and engineers to develop novel single cell protocols and optimize workflows.
• Perform experiments and assays under the guidance of senior scientists
• Keep accurate and meticulous records of experimental details and results
• Assist senior scientists in assay development
• Prepare biological samples and reagents to accelerate the R&D process
• Manage, organize, and support lab operations
Who You Are:
• BS or MS in Molecular and Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related field
• 1-2 years of research experience (either during BS/MS or afterwards)
• Previous experience with standard molecular biology techniques (in particular, extensive experience with PCR, electrophoresis, DNA purifications)
• An ability to quickly learn mathematical, analytical, and experimental concepts
• High mathematical and statistical aptitude (e.g., you find GRE math section to be extremely easy)
• Great attention to detail
• Start-up experience
• Experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a rapidly growing Series B single-cell DNA analysis company driven by the mission to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. Our proprietary droplet microfluidics platform (Tapestri) enables scalable detection of genomic variability with access to DNA at the single-cell level. The Tapestri platform includes our instrument, consumables, and software, which plug seamlessly into existing NGS workflows. With Mission Bio, researchers have a highly sensitive and customizable solution that is fully supported to enable meaningful discoveries.