Mission Bio is a start-up developing innovative solutions in single-cell genomics to enable precision biology and translational research with the discoveries to impact patient care. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for talented, driven individuals to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you. Mission Bio offers a comprehensive benefits and wellness package to eligible employees.
Mission Bio is looking for an experienced and exceptional Bioinformatics scientist to contribute to the algorithm development and data analysis for cutting edge science that enables the discovery, development and delivery of precision medicine.
You will be part of a high energy team developing informatics solutions for single cell sequencing data. You will develop novel algorithms and methods to analyze and visualize single cell data. You will be working on various tasks and challenges in variant calling, dimension reduction, machine learning and phylogeny. You will build and maintain analysis pipelines. You will work closely with the internal teams to troubleshoot experiments, identify data trends and guide in experimental design. You will present results to internal teams and externally at conferences and to customers.
- Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience. Relevant grad/post doc experience are also welcome
- 2+ years’ experience developing algorithms and methods in genomics
- 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following – variant calling, dimension reduction, machine learning, phylogeny, single cell data, visualization, statistics
- 2+ years’ experience building analysis and bioinformatics pipelines
- Expert in Python, bash scripting, R
- A working understanding of biological systems, system biology, gene expression, molecular biology or cell biology.
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Excel in technology development with demanding schedules and deliverables
- Experienced and confident in a fast-paced start-up work environment