Mission Bio is a rapidly growing Series A single-cell DNA analysis company driven by the mission to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. To support our growth, Mission Bio is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to understand customer and market needs to support the development of next generation informatics tools for single-cell analysis. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to influence company product strategy, along with tactical execution. This role will span both product management responsibilities and product support activities.
Who you are
- Customer-centric in rationale for prioritization of key activities with an eye to the competition
- Excellent team player capable of working well with many stakeholder groups in a fast paced environment
- Independent and driven self-starter, who is able to operate with a high degree of autonomy while delivering excellent results
- Clear communicator with strong presentation and project management skills
- Naturally curious, always looking for ways to learn more and be at the cutting edge
What you will do
- Distill customer and market need into clear and specific product requirements for product development and drive product development process
- Support business development activities including but not limited to customer collaborations and other external parties to meet strategic objectives
- Help establish and maintain successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful early adoption of new products,
- Support and train field organization with deep technical understanding of the technology and relevant applications.
- Help develop and maintain market models including market sizing, customer segmentation, market share, revenue projections, unit forecasting, and pricing models
- Partner with marketing and commercial teams to develop and implement positioning and messaging
- Support product sustaining activities for on-market products
What you will bring (experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management or similar position including general experience in life sciences, genomics, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries. Experience managing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) software or analysis products is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in informatics, computational biology, statistics, mathematics, genomics, and/or cancer biology. MBA desirable but not required.
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to distill complex scientific concepts into simplified language for a diverse audience
- Technical skills to enable data exploration and guidance of development team about nuances of molecular data and translation of customer requirements into technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer support
- Proven ability to effectively translate business requirements to functional requirements
- Drive that requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to collaboratively and effectively work within a team
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25%