We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology to take a key role in leading innovation and design of molecular assays and biological applications using Mission Bio’s single cell platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Analytical, Bioinformatics, Engineering, Development and Marketing teams to define and develop novel methodologies that allow measurement of multiple analytes from single cells.
- Work with a highly-motivated and collaborative team of biologists responsible for research, innovation and the development of new single-cell assays and applications.
- Innovate new biochemistry workflows to address single-cell science unmet needs.
- Develop novel barcoding strategies and NGS library workflow methodologies.
- Work seamlessly with internal stakeholders to address customer needs.
- Streamline and improve user-facing protocols to reduce hands-on-time and assay robustness.
- Interface with external scientific community, foster and lead collaborative interactions.
- Contribute to technical discussions, author application notes and peer-reviewed publications.
- Clearly communicate project plans, results, and provide skilled guidance to peers and management.
- Mentor and supervise junior team members.
- Doctorate in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline required. 5-8 years industry experience preferred.
- Extensive molecular and cell biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC from cell samples, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-qPCR, cell culture and whole genome amplification. Use of NGS sequencers and data analysis necessary.
- Experience with different NGS library preparation methodologies a must. Demonstrated ability to develop, launch and support complex molecular assays
- Strong ability to document experiments and develop new protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.