We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology to take a key role in leading the design of molecular assays and biological applications using Mission Bio’s single cell platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Analytical, Bioinformatics, Engineering and Marketing teams to define and develop novel methodologies that allow measurement of multiple analytes from single cells.
- Manage a group of biologists responsible for the development and launch of new single cell assays and applications
- Develop novel barcoding strategies for different aspects of single-cell biology.
- Research and demonstrate feasibility of new NGS library preparation methodologies.
- Streamline user-facing protocols to reduce hands-on-time and assay robustness.
- Translate product requirements into cohesive project and resource plans and execute against these plans to deliver robust products in a timely manner
- Participate in the support of commercially launched products and translate key findings into actionable product improvement tasks
- Interface with outside vendors and internal manufacturing teams.
- Contribute to technical discussions and collaborate with engineering and analytical groups.
- Communicate results, plans, and suggestions to upper management
- Doctorate in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related discipline required. 5-8 years industry experience preferred.
- Extensive molecular biology experience is required. Examples include: nucleic acid isolation and QC, restriction digests, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR and whole genome amplification. Use of next generation sequencers and NGS data analysis is a must and understanding of cellular biology is a plus
- Experience with different NGS library preparation methodologies a must. Demonstrated ability to develop, launch and support complex molecular assays
- Demonstrated ability to manage a strong Product Development team
- Strong ability to document experiments and troubleshoot protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills