Mission Bio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the software engineering team and help build elegant, intuitive interfaces to analyze genomic data.
What you’ll do:
We are a small, fast-growing company and you will work on different projects across the organization. We are building all our systems from the ground-up using the latest technologies so we can iterate quickly and move fast. Some things you will do:
- Collaborate with design, product & engineering to define the user experience
- Design & build user interfaces for customer-facing and internal web applications with a focus on ease of use, visual appeal and performance
- Design and implement novel data summarization and visualization methods
- Start projects from scratch, design, implement, ship, get feedback from users and iterate
- Maintain cohesive architecture on several evolving projects
- Develop reusable components & abstractions, processes and documentation to improve our development practices
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of front-end development experience with a SaaS product
- Have a feel for great UI & UX and care about more than just code. Product intuition is as important as programming ability.
- Ability to create extensible style libraries and code for reusability and maintainability
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Flexibility and comfort with working in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment with evolving requirements
- Experience working with remote teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience supervising contractors and junior developers
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience with microservices architecture (REST, API Gateway, Lambda), end-to-end testing frameworks (Cypress.io, BrowserStack), load testing frameworks (Locust) & DevOps tools (SAM, Cloudformation, CodePipeline) is a big plus.
Our application stack:
- Frontend: Vue.js, Axios, Chart.js, S3, Cloudfront
- Backend: Python, some Node.js / Express
- Databases: Aurora MySQL, DynamoDB
- Microservices implemented using REST, API Gateway, Lambda
- Various tools like Auth0, Sentry, Segment, SparkPost, Postman, NeverBounce
About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a rapidly growing Series B single-cell DNA analysis company driven by the mission to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. Our proprietary droplet microfluidics platform (Tapestri) enables scalable detection of genomic variability with access to DNA at the single-cell level. The Tapestri platform includes our instrument, consumables, and software, which plug seamlessly into existing NGS workflows. With Mission Bio, researchers have a highly sensitive and customizable solution that is fully supported to enable meaningful discoveries.