Technical Application Specialist (TAS):
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We were voted Method of the Year 2019 Nature Methods and #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Join us in our mission to enable researchers and clinicians to accelerate the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine.
Mission Bio is a start-up developing innovative solutions in single-cell genomics to enable precision biology and translational research with the discoveries to impact patient care. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for talented, driven individuals to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you. Mission Bio offers a comprehensive benefits and wellness package to eligible employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as Technical Applications Specialist. The Technical Applications Specialist is a senior, field-based role that directly supports the sales and marketing teams at Mission Bio. The TAS serves as a field expert on all products and applications developed on the Tapestri platform, and is a technical liaison for our customers and sales teams alike. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and passionate individual with a driven, curious, and collaborative spirit to join a senior field team at Mission Bio and play a key role in enabling our customers to make precision medicine a reality.
The TAS is responsible for building and supporting a network of KOL customers within all relevant market segments, and brings a strategic focus to broader, multi-territory sales opportunities (consortia, multi-site clinical trial programs, funding organizations, etc.). They represent Mission Bio as a senior member of the field team, and support all pre-sales activities as needed by the sales team colleagues in a designated geography. Additionally, the TAS will speak publicly at conferences, trade shows, seminars, and sales meetings as needed, and collect VOC, market feedback, and competitive intel to be circulated with the sales and marketing leadership teams.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
- Proven oral and written communication skills including technical presentations in front of both small and large groups
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (genetics, cell/molecular biology, etc.) or equivalency in practical industry experience
- Experience with NGS, immunology, or cellular & molecular genetics through lab, industry, or educational experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in genomics field sales
- Experience working in a wet lab, focused on molecular biology
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company
- Ability to walk and/or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven
- Experience using a CRM system (SFDC preferred)
- Proficient in using G-suite and MS Office software
- Overnight travel up to 60% of the time based on territory
- Work 100% remotely, maintaining a home office within reasonable proximity to major airport
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance, and acceptable driving record
- Ph.D in a relevant field of study
- 10 years of experience selling and negotiating in the biotechnology field with a track record of success and in roles of increasing responsibility
- Prior experience supporting any aspect of the precision medicine research or diagnostic markets
- Intimate understanding of cancer genetics research, especially in hematological malignancies
- Deep knowledge of NGS applications, including translational and clinical oncology research applications
- Experience selling clinical research solutions across the clinical trial paradigm
- Single-cell genomics experience of any kind