Mission Bio COVID-19 Update (March 23, 2020).
Dear Scientific Community,
Please know that Mission Bio is here for you. We are continuously monitoring guidance from WHO and CDC with respect to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and responding appropriately. Therefore, at the beginning of March we have implemented a work from home policy for employees where possible.
However, on March 16th, 2020 the Department of Public Health issued a “shelter in place” order for residences and businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a result, the Mission Bio logistics department will be closed and shipments of Tapestri products delayed until the order has been removed. We will continue to update you as we adhere to the guidance mandated by the CDC and local authorities.
While the climate around COVID-19 remains uncertain, we know that your work to help develop treatments and cures for cancer won’t stop. And we won’t either. We at Mission Bio want to let you know that we are committed to supporting you and your critical cancer research, so will be hosting some virtual events in the coming weeks:
- Virtual Office Hours: While your trusted field application scientists may not be able to visit you in person, we remain on hand to serve you. We will be hosting live, virtual, open office hours, where all are invited to drop in and ask your
favorite FAS any burning workflow or analysis questions.
- Webinars: We will host brief 15-20 minute webinars to walk through some of the most common questions you’ve asked:
- How to design a custom panel using Tapestri Designer
- How to run an analysis for DNA+protein experiments with pipeline and other workflows
- How to visualize your data using Tapestri Insights
- Journal Clubs: The adoption of single-cell science is real, and there have been some exciting manuscripts recently published that build on the excitement and utility of single-cell genomics. We also have presented posters and workshops at conferences like AGBT and ABRF. In case you missed them, we will host journal club sessions to review these scientific presentations, some even with the authors themselves!
Thank you for choosing Mission Bio as a partner to help advance precision medicine. We wish the very best for you and your families.
CEO, Mission Bio