Our privacy statement for data subjects whose personal information may be collected in the European Union
A. EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
Mission Bio is a global brand and thus may conduct business with individuals from within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In order to carry out business with these individuals, we may transfer personal information from individuals (“Data Subjects”) located within the EEA. Personal information that may be collected by us from a Data Subject in the EEA may include:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Mission Bio must potentially deal with local supervisory authorities in all EU states where we have an existing business relationship with a data subject. Additionally, information that we collect may be transferred outside of the EEA, including to countries, such as the United States, which have not been deemed as having “adequate” security measures by the European Commission. Therefore, we have executed Model Clauses between our European offices and Mission Bio, pursuant to European Commission Decision 2010/87/EC, to facilitate the legitimate, secure transfer of personal information outside the EEA as necessary.
B. Lawful grounds to process and obtain consent:
Data subjects whose personal information is collected in the EEA may withdraw consent at any time where consent is the lawful basis for processing his/her information. Should a data subject withdraw consent for processing or otherwise object to processing that impedes Mission Bio’s ability to comply with applicable regulations, a data subject may be unable to avail him/herself of the services that Mission Bio provides.
C. Data subjects’ rights:
All individuals whose personal information is held by Mission Bio have the right to:
- ask what information Mission Bio holds about them and why;
- ask for a copy of such information or access to such information;
- be informed how to correct or keep that information up to date; and
- be informed on how Mission Bio is meeting its data protection obligations.
Furthermore, for data collected in the EEA, data subjects have the right to:
D. Automated decision-making:
- ask for a copy of such information to be sent to a third party;
- ask for data to be erased if possible and required under the GDPR;
- ask for processing of personal information to be restricted if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to the processing of personal information if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to automated decision-making where applicable; and
- contact a supervisory authority in the EEA to lodge a complaint regarding Mission Bio’s processing of your personal information.
Mission Bio does not engage in automated decision-making.
E. Non-disclosure of information:
Mission Bio does not share any personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide the service that the customer has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the customer’s account;
- as required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over Mission Bio and its affiliates or as otherwise required by any applicable law; and
- to the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Mission Bio personnel are prohibited, either during or after termination of their employment, from disclosing personal information to any person or entity outside Mission Bio, including family members, except under the circumstances described above. An employee is permitted to disclose personal information only to such other employees who need to have access to such information to deliver our services to the customer.
F. Mission Bio contact information for persons located within the EEA:
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland and have questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at:
6000 Shoreline Court, Suite 104
South San Francisco, CA 94080
If, as an EEA Citizen, you believe that Mission Bio has not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right contact the EU supervisory authority.